VHF Radio Course
AYC members @ £75 - book a place on this course and then pay online using a credit or debit card.
Non AYC members @ £90 - please contact the training secretary email@example.com to book a place on this course.
There are a total of 6 places on this course (minimum 4 students for course to run) - if you are logged in you will see the names of the AYC members who have booked places below. The names of non-members who have booked will not be displayed.
The Short Range Certificate (SRC) is the minimum qualification required by law whenever a Marine VHF set (fixed or handheld) is being used on a boat (i.e. one person on the boat at the time of use must hold this certificate).
Course topics include:
- the basics of radio operation
- the correct frequencies (channels) to be used
- distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- making ship to shore communication
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC) using simulators
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue (SART)
The course will be taught and examined using radio simulators. The exam will also include a short written test. Course packs will be sent out about 10 days before the course date.
AYC Members Online Booking - Login with your email address and password (if you are not already logged in). Click 'Select' beside VHF Course below (max 3 places per booking), and then click 'Done - Add to basket'. Click 'your basket' in the green bar to proceed with secure payment.