Activities Afloat COVID19 Guidance
Update posted 10.9.2020
Government guidance issued by the Prime Minister yesterday re-emphasises the importance of social distancing and hand washing in the prevention of the spread of coronavirus.
The 'Rule of 6' does not change the guidance for indoor venues but now applies to outdoor spaces as well. You must not meet with people from other households socially in groups of more than 6. The Club can still host larger numbers in total but groups of up to 6 must not mix or form larger groups. This is now legally binding and the police have the power to issue fines.
The Government has made it clear that sports like sailing can continue to operate in a 'COVID Secure' way. It is still appropriate to run club on-water activities including racing and events, and people from different households can continue to sail together as long as they observe the RYA guidance. As before, the RYA advise that groups of boats do not constitute a gathering so there are no restrictions to the number of boats that can participate together afloat.
The Clubhouse is a 'COVID Secure' space and we need to ensure that we follow the guidance to avoid a £1,000 fine and being closed down.
Members are reminded of the following guidance, particularly when using the bar:
Update posted 5.9.2020
A number of organisations have now opened their changing/showering facilities having made sure they are 'COVID Secure'. The activities afloat team has undertaken a risk assessment and has decided that it is now possible to give members limited access to the clubhouse changing/showering facilities at weekends.
To ensure this is done in a COVID Secure way, members MUST note the following guidance:
- Do not enter the clubhouse to use the changing facilities if you have a high temperature, a new persistent cough or loss of taste/smell.
- Enter the clubhouse via the main entrance and use the sanitiser provided.
- Maximum of two people in the male and two people in the female changing/shower rooms at any one time.
- Only two cubicles will be open for use in each changing room - these will be socially distanced. Please shower and change in a cubicle not in the open areas.
- Do not leave any kit bags/clothing in the changing room after use.
- Clean down any surfaces touched with wipes provided.
- Family/Disabled shower room should only be used by family units or those with a disability.
The changing rooms/showers will be available on Friday, Saturday & Sunday only. Please do not use them at other times. The enhanced cleaning regime will include these areas at weekends only.