VHF Radio Course
This course is now FULL - if you would like to be added to the waiting list for the next course, please email email@example.com.
AYC members @ £75 - book a place on this course and then pay online using a credit or debit card. Tick the box beside VHF Course below, choose the number of places you wish to book, and then click 'Add to Cart'. When you proceed to the Checkout Process you will be asked to Login with your email address and password (if you are not already logged in).
Non AYC members @ £90 - please contact the training secretary firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place on this course.
There are a total of 6 places on this course (minimum 4 students for course to run) - if you are logged in you will see the names of the AYC members who have booked places below. The names of non-members who have booked will not be displayed.
The Short Range Certificate (SRC) is the minimum qualification required by law whenever a Marine VHF set (fixed or handheld) is being used on a boat (i.e. one person on the boat at the time of use must hold this certificate).
Course topics include:
- the basics of radio operation
- the correct frequencies (channels) to be used
- distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- making ship to shore communication
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC) using simulators
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue (SART)
The course will be taught and examined using radio simulators. The exam will also include a short written test.