Support boat refresher
Powerboat instructors Paul Washbrook & David Crees will be running two refresher sessions for support boat helms & crews. It may be a while since you last helmed/did your PB2 course. Please try and come along to one or other session. Useful for those who act as crew too (you won't be expected to helm!).
Thursday will start around 15:30, Friday around 16:00 probably looking at 45 - 60 minutes onshore. Then you will spend as much quality time on the water as possible. As with last year there will probably also be a quiz, with an Easter related prize for correct answers!
This is the outline programme:
- Brief onshore session covering safety, equipment on the boats and the role of the support boat
- Use of the VHF radios - basic guidance for those using the support boats, not trying to cover the whole VHF course!
- Pre launch safety briefing
- Launch/recovery - practical (slipway rather than beach launch unless we have calm seas & sufficient people willing to get wet!)
- Boat skills refresher - on the water sessions, general skills shakedown, to get people ready for the season ahead and a chance to ask for advice / tips / pointers call them what you may
- Close down procedures / bed time (and perhaps a pint......)