COVID 19 Update: Changes to Government Guidance from Saturday 4th July
Published 13:32 on 1 Jul 2020
As you are no doubt aware, the Government is easing some more lockdown restrictions this Saturday 4th July.
The two things that this will mean for AYC members is that:
- You will be able to stay overnight on your boat - this must only be with members of your own household or support bubble
- The clubhouse bar will be re-opening with 'COVID-19 Secure' guidelines in place
Key Points to note are:
1. The Clubhouse changing/shower facilities must remain closed at present
2. There are still restrictions on group sizes and gatherings:
- Two households (support bubbles count as one household) can meet in any location public or private, indoors or outdoors provided those from different household follow social distancing guidelines.
You should not gather in the clubhouse bar in groups of more than two households. You do not always have to meet the same household. You can meet with different households at different times.You should avoid interaction socially with households at adjacent tables.
- Groups of up to six people from different households are permitted to meet in outdoor spaces provided social distancing guidelines are followed.
You should not gather on the decking/patio in a group of more than six people from different households; gatherings larger than 6 should only take place if everyone is from just two households. You should avoid interaction socially with households at adjacent tables.
- The 2 metre social distancing guidance will remain where possible. In situations where it is not possible, a distance of one metre (1m+) should be observed, provided the risk of infection is mitigated by taking other precautions (e.g. wear a face covering).
Bar Opening - please make sure you have read the 'COVID 19: Guidance For Members' Use of the Clubhouse Bar' HERE before you visit the clubhouse
- Entry to the clubhouse will only be via the Main Entrance at all times
- When the bar is open, exit from the clubhouse will only be via the Bar fire door and there will be a one way system in place
- Only one person may use the ladies or the gents at a time (see cone warning system below)
System for Entering Ladies/Gents (to ensure only one person enters at a time)
- Provisional bar opening times for this weekend are Saturday 4th July 5-9pm & Sunday 5th July 12-2pm (subject to demand)
- Drinks will be served in cans, bottles or plastic glasses.
- Members are welcome to bring their own glasses if they wish to ( you must take them home to wash up).
- Contactless Card payments only.